If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buttermilk and the tiny bits of apple keep the muffins moist. These muffins were a hit at work; people liked that they weren’t too sweet and that, despite having oatmeal, they were still quite fluffy. —Candice
cups oat flour (crushed oats)
cup old fashioned oats
cups diced and peeled apples (2 large apples or 3-4 smaller apples)
cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Using a blender, crush 2 cups of old fashioned oats (to get 2 cups of oat flour, you'll need to crush more than 2 cups) or use purchased oat flour.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour, old fashioned oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla. Add melted butter and sugar. Mix. Add buttermilk. Mix.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients. Incorporate but don't over-mix.
- Add the chopped apples.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the muffin batter into buttered mini muffin pans. Cook for about 13 to 15 minutes. If you use a larger muffin pan (not mini), you will need to bake the muffins longer.
More Great Recipes: