If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I try to con my husband into eating a cheese plate for dinner about once a week. The more cheeses and chutneys to slather on crusty toasts - the better. Quick and easy, this little number comes together in about thirty minutes & is a great addition to our board. It's herby from the fresh rosemary and gets depth from shallot and ginger, and the dates break down into a delightfully buttery mess. We love it most with blue cheese. Happy Munching :) —OhCuriousRose
Makes 1.5 cups(ish)
- 10-15 Dates, pitted and diced (about 1/2 cup smooshed)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, use a fresh nub if you have it!
- 2-3 sprigs Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- pinches Cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- Put all your ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Take it down to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until it reduces and gets "jammy" and sticky and the dates have broken down. Your spoon will start to leave nice drag marks. Takes about 20 minutes. Taste and season if it needs a little more lemon/salt/syrup.
- Let cool. Spoon into a pretty dish and top with more rosemary.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates