If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Copycat Olive Garden soup recipe with kale is always a popular soup recipe to make. —Jessica McCoy
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 7 pieces bacon slices
- 5 pieces medium potatoes, russet
- 2 cups chopped kale, bite sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart water
- 2-14 ounces cans of chicken broth
- 1/2 piece large onion, diced
- 2-3 pieces minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ed pepper flakes
- 1 Salt
- 1 Pepper
- Using a baking sheet, crumble the sausage.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake until no longer pink, bout 30 minutes.
- Drain fat and grease off using paper towels.
- Fry or bake the bacon and crumble into small pieces.
- Slice the potatoes between 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch, making the slices about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Using a large pot, toss the potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, and water in together and cook on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the sausage, bacon, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes start breaking apart into smaller bite sized pieces because they are so tender, turn the heat to low and add in the kale and heavy cream.
- Let the soup heat through and serve.