If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with these wings on a whim. We call them Crack Wings because of their ridiculously addictive nature. They are perfect for parties - I have served them at tailgates as well as casual dinner parties. Essentially the sauce is a riff on pesto. Quick, easy and delicious....with a giant garlic smack in the face. —zest in the midwest
- 2 pounds Chicken wing portions
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 jalapenos, ribs and seeds removed
- 12 Cloves of garlic, peeled (go ahead and smash them)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated pecorino
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- Add the garlic cloves and jalapenos to a small food processor. Slowly add the oil and a tablespoon of cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the oil mixture into a bowl, along with the wings. Toss well to coat.
- Place the wings on a foiled baking sheet. Season liberally with salt and pepper and place in the oven.
- baste the wings with the remaining oil mixture every 15 minutes, for a total of 45 minutes. turn the wings over at the 30 minute mark.
- When the wings are roasted (they may need an extra ten minutes or so depending on your oven), place on a platter and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings