If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Moroccan chicken is served with couscous, vegetables and dates, first seared, then roasted to perfection. And the dates just add the right amount of sweetness which pairs great with the roasted chicken. —Anna @servingdumplings
- 8 pieces organic chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into pieces
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams dates, soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- juice and zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams couscous
- seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped pqrsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rub the chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon ras al hanout, 1 clove garlic and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in an oven safe skillet, add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 minutes more. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion, garlic and ginger, sauté until soft. Add the spices, sweet potatoes, carrot, fennel and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly softened. Pour the broth, bring to a boil and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place the chicken on top, add tomatoes and dates, sprinkle with chili pepper and drizzle with lemon juice. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 200°C.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil, remove from the heat and add the couscous. Sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes. Stir in almonds, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates