Author Notes: Both the authentic tasting chicken and cauliflower rice combine to make this a really tasty meal that I know you'll love. It's ready in less than thirty minutes, low in fat and of course, gluten-free! —Justina
chicken breasts cut into small cubes
cauliflower, grated or blended until a rice consistency
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
pinch sesame seeds
cup arrowroot/corn starch
- Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in the oil for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for approximately twenty minutes until you have a slightly thick consistency.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the egg and then coat them in the flour. Place the coated chicken aside and heat a frying pan.
- Fry for approximately 10 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked through, golden brown and crispy. Turn the heat down if needed to avoid cooking the chicken too quickly.
- Continue until all the chicken is fried, before adding to the sauce and cooking everything for a further five minutes.
- Whilst the sweet and sour chicken is cooking, take the cauliflower rice and heat in a pan for a few minutes until warm.
- Remove before too much liquid is produced and the cauliflower starts to get mushy.
- Serve the rice with the sweet and sour chicken and garnish with the chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.