If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Kathryn Taylor's (author of Cookie + Kate blog) Tahini Date Shake. It's a favorite in our household - super easy, healthy and even my toddler is a fan! (P.S. Don't tell her it's not dessert) —Laura Delfausse
Serves 2 (if you feel like sharing)
- 1.5 cups Low fat milk (or whichever milk you choose)
- 1 Banana (extra ripe if you like a sweeter drink)
- 4 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1 dash Nutmeg (optional)
- Soak the dates in a bowl of hot water for about 30 min. This will soften the dates so that they blend better. This step can be skipped if you are in a hurry. Just make sure that if you do skip this step, to chop the dates into small pieces before throwing in the blender. This will lessen the amount of date bits floating at the bottom of your shake.
- Once the dates have softened, place the milk, banana, dates, tahini and pinch of cinnamon in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish top with a bit of nutmeg to give it an extra kick!