If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sticky date caramel is vegan, paleo and can be made in minutes. The lemon juice helps tame the sweetness of the dates and the coconut butter adds richness. For a pourable sauce replace the coconut butter with coconut milk and blend until smooth. —Tina Jeffers
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Cover the dates with boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- Drain the dates and add to the bowl of a food processor. Add the almond butter, coconut butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Process on high for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates