If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crockpot stew that is easy for a busy day! This is based on a family favorite given to us by a family friend Angie McRobbie using a Middle East flair as opposed to a southwest bite! —Sarah
- 1 pound Lamb
- 1 pound Sausage
- 2 cups Lentils
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Can diced tomatoes in their juice
- 1 1/4 cups Chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons La Kama spice mix
- 4 cups Water
La Kama spice mix- based on the la Kama spice mix from Paula Woloenforts The Food of Morocco
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- pinches Cinnamon
- pinches Garlic
- Mix spices and set aside. Cook sausage and brown cubes lamb.
- Cook lentils. Caramalize onion and carrots. Chop dates
- Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high for three hours until reduced and flavors meld.
- Serve alone or over couscous.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates