If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A very straightforward recipe inspired by Middle Eastern ingredients and beautiful blood oranges, which (as I write) are in season. Sweet dates, salty olives, sharp caperberries and slightly bitter orange make this an adventure in the mouth! Serve with some saffron rice or cous-cous and a crisp green salad. You don't have to eat the orange rinds, but I do! —morning glory
- 5 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- 2-3 blood oranges
- 5 large caperberries (you can substitute 2 tsp of capers)
- 5 queen olives, stoned (you can substitute 10 smaller green olives)
- 5 plump medjool dates
- 5 sprigs of rosemary
- olive oil to drizzle
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Arrange the chicken thighs in an oven proof dish. Slice the oranges into thin rounds. Slice each olive across into three pieces. Slice each date lengthwise into three pieces
- Tuck the caperberries, dates, olives and rosemary sprigs around the chicken thighs. Arrange the oranges, partially tucked in, over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, basting occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates