If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great first course! The flavors compliment each other so nicely! —lorigoldsby
- 1 Eggplant
- 1/2 Butternut squash, diced and roasted seasoned with salt, pepper and thyme
- 4 ounces Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons Gluten free Flour substitute
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- Chopped fresh mint, chiffonade
- Balsamic vinegar, preferably floral
- OR Pomegranate molasses
- Kosher salt
- The evening (at least 4 hours) before, drain the yogurt in a fine mesh sieve. Prepare the diced butternut squash. Toss with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes until lightly caramelized.
- Preheat baking stone to 400. Cut eggplant into 1/2" rounds. Liberally salt and lightly press salt into each side. Allow to rest 3-4 minutes. Lightly dust with flour on each side. Place on baking stone, drizzle a little oil, flip and drizzle other side.
- Bake 4-5 minutes on each side
- Combine goat cheese and strained yogurt. Flake with a fork. Toss together squash and pomegranate seeds. Place squash mixture on top of eggplant round, sprinkle cheese on top. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses or a floral balsamic (I used violet)