If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
September means harvest and tons of cabbage is available at the farmers market.
September means harvest and tons of cabbage is available at the farmers market.—Sherry
pounds Ground meat
cup Bread crumbs
ounces Can of tomato juice
cups Sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- Using a large Dutch oven prepare the salted water to begin removal of cabbage leaves from the core..immerse the entire head in hot water, careful not to overflow...cut one leave a a time as they soften, and allow to drain. When the head is finished, you should have 12 to 15 leaves.
- While the leaves are cooling, make your meat mixture, mixing the ground beef, eggs, salt and pepper. and bread crumbs. Save the red pepper flakes for a later step.
- Taking one leave at a time take about a quarter cup of the mixture and fold up starting at the bottom, ten each side. Lay in casserole, continue process until meat is gone.
- Take the drained sauerkraut sprinkle over the top of all and pour tomato juice over all of that, finishing with sprinkling of crushed pepper.
- Bake for one hour at 350* covered.