If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pomegranate and Chocolate scones are fluffy and moist on the inside, crunchy on the outside. The seeds burst with tangy sweetness when you bite into them, and the chocolate chips add a rich creaminess. —Brittnay
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60 milliliters milk
- 2 pieces egg
- 1 cup omegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Cut the butter (which must be cold) into small cubes.
- Place the flour, baking powder, lemon zest, sugar and butter into a bowl. Mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Place the mixture onto a floured work service and roll out to a thickness of 1 inch.
- Dip a 2 ¼ inch round pastry cutter in flour, then cut out the scones and then turn the scones over onto a baking sheet.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then bake in a preheated oven set at 400°F.
- Bake for 5 minutes then turn the temperature down to 350°F and bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and rest them on a cooling rack.