If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whole wheat Indian flatbread goes green —Tisa Thomas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen spinach, lightly thawed
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper ( Indian green chili), chopped
- 1/4 cup water, or more, if needed
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground wholewheat flour(Indian atta flour), plus more to knead
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a blender or mixer, process spinach, cilantro, pepper, salt to a smooth puree. Add in only enough water for it to reach a thickish liquid consistency. In the bowl of a stand mixer using knead attachment or bowl of food processor, add green puree and upto 1 cup wheat flour, oil salt. Knead in machine till smooth dough turns out, sifting in additional flour, pouring in sufficient water for mixture to be elastic and pliable.
- Take dough out on work surface and knead gently a few more times. At this stage it should be smooth and shiny. Cover with a damp clean kitchen towel 10-15 minutes. Divide dough into 1- 2" balls. Roll out one and leave the rest covered. Have a flat top pan or griddle heated to medium on stove. Place rolled out round onto skillet. Heat on both sides, brushing with additional oil if needed(or butter:-) till cooked / burnished with brown spots on both sides. Repeat with remaining balls.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins