If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy good chicken served on a colorful salad bed with a drizzle of buttermilk dressing. —Tisa Thomas
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground garlic
- 1 serrano pepper, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber sliced thin
- 2 avocado diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds(optional)
- For the salad~ Combine yogurt ginger, garlic, serrano, cayanne, garam masala, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken and coat with the above ingredients. Cover and chill. Keep for 30 minutes upto one hour. Make dressing(below) Preheat oven to 400°F. Take chicken out of refrigerator. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for another 20-25 minutes until juices run clear. Keep chicken aside. In a large bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, cucumber. When chicken is cooled, slice and place over or toss with vegetables. Stir together avocado and lemon juice. Sprinkle salt if required. Add to salad.
- For the dressing~ Throw in the all ingredients from mint to pepper, leaving out sesame seeds, into a food processor or blender and blend till combined. Add upto 1/4 water to create the desired consistency for dressing. Mix in sesame seeds. Add to salad when serving.