If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Alannah | Kale Mary
- 1 packet organic, non-GMO tofu, cut into rectangles
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Small rice paper rounds, as many as you have tofu slices
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan 'fish' sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely chopped
- Mix nutritional yeast, garlic powder, juice of 1 lemon, water and salt in a shallow bowl. Add tofu and ensure it is smothered in the ingredients. Put in the fridge to marinate until you’re ready for it (the longer, the better).
- Pop the marinated tofu pieces on a lined baking dish and bake at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes.
- While the tofu is marinating, add the rice wine vinegar, vegan fish sauce, coconut sugar, sesame oil and juice of half a lemon to a bowl and whisk until combined. Then add green and red cabbage and toss until evenly coated in the dressing.
- Let your tofu cool slightly and set up your wrapping station, pop a damp tea towel on your bench and fill a shallow dish with room temperature water. Put the rice paper round in this dish for a 5 seconds then lay it out on the damp tea towel. Lay a piece of the baked tofu in the middle of the round and fold the rice paper around it. Repeat with remaining pieces of tofu and rounds.
- Steam the parcels for 5 minutes. Delicately remove them and serve atop the dressed cabbage.