Author Notes: Recipe for Danish cinnamon rolls (Kanelsnegl) with an incredibly delicious frosting made of powdered sugar, cream cheese and butter. —Just Yum Yum
For the Dough
packets vanilla pudding powder
packets fresh yeast
grams melted butter
grams brown sugar
teaspoons cinnamon powder
For the Frosting
grams powdered sugar
grams cream cheese
packets vanilla sugar
- Boil the milk in a medium-sized pot.
- Mix the pudding powder with cold water.
- Then stir in the boiling milk.
- Cook briefly until the pudding is thickened.
- Remove the pot from the oven.
- Stir in the butter until it melts.
- Then stir in sugar and eggs.
- Let the pudding mixture cool down, crumble the yeast and stir in.
- Mix salt and flour in a large bowl.
- Add the pudding mixture and knead to a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Let the dough rest for one to two hours – or until the dough has doubled.
- Now cut the dough in half and roll out on a well-floured surface. At the end, the dough should have a rectangular shape with a thickness of 1 centimeter.
- Spread the dough generously with half the liquid butter.
- Then sprinkle the dough with half of the cinnamon and the brown sugar.
- Roll up the dough very tightly and cut into 4 cm wide pieces.
- Repeat steps 12 to 15 for the second dough piece.
- Place the cinnamon rolls with a bit distance from each other on a baking tray.
- Let the cinnamon rolls rest for another 30 minutes.
- Then bake the cinnamon rolls at 200 ° Celcius for about 20 minutes. Make sure that the cinnamon rolls do not become too brown.
- For the frosting, mix all the ingredients with a hand mixer to a creamy mass. Then generously spread over the warm cinnamon rolls.