Recipe for Danish cinnamon rolls (Kanelsnegl) with an incredibly delicious frosting made of powdered sugar, cream cheese and butter. —Just Yum Yum
- Makes 24
- For the Dough
vanilla pudding powder
- For the Frosting
In This Recipe
- Boil the milk in a medium-sized pot.
- Mix the pudding powder with cold water.
- Then stir in the boiling milk.
- Cook briefly until the pudding is thickened.
- Remove the pot from the oven.
- Stir in the butter until it melts.
- Then stir in sugar and eggs.
- Let the pudding mixture cool down, crumble the yeast and stir in.
- Mix salt and flour in a large bowl.
- Add the pudding mixture and knead to a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Let the dough rest for one to two hours – or until the dough has doubled.
- Now cut the dough in half and roll out on a well-floured surface. At the end, the dough should have a rectangular shape with a thickness of 1 centimeter.
- Spread the dough generously with half the liquid butter.
- Then sprinkle the dough with half of the cinnamon and the brown sugar.
- Roll up the dough very tightly and cut into 4 cm wide pieces.
- Repeat steps 12 to 15 for the second dough piece.
- Place the cinnamon rolls with a bit distance from each other on a baking tray.
- Let the cinnamon rolls rest for another 30 minutes.
- Then bake the cinnamon rolls at 200 ° Celcius for about 20 minutes. Make sure that the cinnamon rolls do not become too brown.
- For the frosting, mix all the ingredients with a hand mixer to a creamy mass. Then generously spread over the warm cinnamon rolls.