Author Notes: I was recently at an event that served a fig and grape relish. It was so refreshing on a hot late summer day that I wanted to try to recreate it at home and do my own twist on it. This wrap was born from that. —TheWimpyVegetarian
Makes 2 wraps (one for who you're making the lunch for, and one for yourself!)
Fig, Grape and Pear Relish
- 3 firm fresh figs, finely chopped
- 10 green grapes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 pear, peeled and seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pear chutney (you can use pear jelly, apple jelly or apple chutney with equal success)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes to mingle flavors.
Speck and Provolone Wrap
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons herbed chevre, divided
- 1 package of speck ham (8-10 slices)
- several slices provolone cheese
- arugula or baby greens
- Fig, grape and pear relish
- Spread the chevre on each tortilla. Layer on the speck and provolone. Shmear on the relish and finish with arugula or baby greens.
- Wrap it up and wrap in foil.
- Pack the wrap for a loved one. Keep one for yourself.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch