If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These unique Apricot Glazed Lamb Meatballs with Pistachios would be a great spring/summer appetizer for your many potlucks! —Paige
Makes 18 meatballs
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, packed
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine shallot, garlic, mint. Pulse until finely minced. Alternatively, you can mince everything by hand.
- In a large bowl, combine ground lamb with the mint mixture, panko, egg, and salt and pepper. Mix well, but don't over mix.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out equally sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches, 160ºF.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, prepare the apricot glaze. Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the apricot preserves, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Simmer until it's slightly thickened and reduced.
- When the meatballs are cooked through, remove from the oven and brush with apricot glaze. Top each meatball with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and serve on a cocktail pick.