If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sautéed chicken stuffed with mozzarella & Dijon, finished with scallions & mushrooms in a tomato sauce. Unbelievably easy & delicious. —Holly
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 chopped green onions
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 20-30 toothpicks
- Pound chicken breasts flat between two pieces of plastic wrap. Cut them in half then sprinkle with salt and pepper, using 1 teaspoon salt & pepper total for all the chicken.
- Spread a rounded teaspoon of Dijon on one side of each breast, then add a slice of mozzarella on top and roll up (if the cheese is too large for the chicken breast then cut it to fit). Use toothpicks to ensure the chicken stays together while cooking.
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then heat a saute pan and add olive oil. Turn down to medium-high, then add chicken and saute about two minutes per side (don't overcrowd the pan; if necessary cook the chicken in batches). Remove chicken from the pan and tent with foil.
- In the same pan, sauté mushrooms for 4 minutes, then add vermouth. Bring to a simmer then add onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and paper.
- Add the chicken back to the sauté pan and simmer covered for about 10 minutes, or until chicken temp reads at least 165.
- Serve over the pasta of your choice (I use angel hair), and garnish with chopped onions and chopped parsley.