If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savory tart is such thankful dish, There are a million different variations on the quiche and it always looks like something special on the dinner table. I love the way all the separate ingredients come together when soaked in the egg mixture and baked in the oven. I throw in left overs, ends of cheese, you name it. But don't worry, about this recipe I did some thinking. I like to use a non stick spring cake tin to make my quiches. It makes the crust nice and crunchy and easy to take out of the tin. —Janneke Verheij
- 1 packet filo pastry
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 100 milliliters sour cream
- 1 cake can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 2 cans sardines
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cut the eggplant in circles, sprinkle with salt and place in a colander for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F and place a baking tray in the middle.
- Cut the onion and the garlic small and slice the fresh tomatoes in circles.
- Mix together the canned tomatoes, the tomato paste, three eggs, sour cream, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Grease a tart form and decorate it with filo pastry. Brush every layer of pastry with some melted butter. Use about 7-9 layers to make a strong bottom. Make sure there are no holes in the pastry from where the juices can escape.
- Pat the eggplant dry and sprinkle with pepper, heat a grill pan, brush it with oil and grill the eggplants until soft and covered with nice dark stripes. Sprinkle the eggplant with some lemon juice. Poor some oil in a corner of the grill pan and bake the onions until soft.
- Place the eggplants on top of the filo pastry in the tart form. The next layer will be the sliced tomatoes plus the onions and now we are ready to pour the egg mixture on top.
- Cover the top with the canned sardines and end with some Parmesan cheese.
- Fold the edges of the dough to the middle and place the quiche on the baking tray in the oven.
- Bake about 20-30 minutes or until the mixture is solid and the pastry light brown. Nice to serve with a simple green salad. Enjoy!