If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Veg Manchurian recipe is a Chinese recipe that can be made both as a dry side-dish or, with a lot of gravy and can be served along with Chowmein. —Puja Darshan
To Make manchurian balls
- 1/2 cup Cabbage (grated)
- 1/2 cup Carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper (grated)
- 1/3 cup Green Peas (slightly blended)
- 1/3 cup Maida
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
To make manchurian sauce
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green Chilli (finely choppped)
- 6-7 Garlic (pods)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- to tastes Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- as needed Water
- In a bowl add cabbage, beans, carrot, bell pepper, green peas and mix.
- Add salt and maida to it and mix well.
- Now make a lemon sized balls out of the mixture.
- Now heat oil in a pan and deep fry or shallow fry these balls.
- Fry until slightly brown. Remove the manchurian balls onto a tissue paper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan add chopped garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add onion and 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste and saute until brown.
- Add green chilli and salt. Mix well.
- Add soya sauce, chilli sauce and mix.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/3 cup of water and mix everything well. Let it boil.
- Add 1/3 tsp corn flour and mix well. Ensure that the lumps are not formed.
- Add little more water and drop the manchurian balls into the mixture and mix well.
- When the balls are nicely coated, add 1/3 cup water and let it boil.
- When the water dries, switch off the gas.
- Serve hot along with hot chow mein.