If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Out of a craving for buffalo chicken, but not wanting the unhealthiness of buffalo chicken dip and a desire for crunch, I combined my love for buffalo chicken with a "cake," like a crab cake! —Alexa Federico
cups cooked, shredded chicken
cup hot sauce of choice
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoon oil, such as EVOO
cups gluten free or paleo flour (I used tapioca flour)
- Place a medium or large pan on the stove at medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Shred 3 cups of cooked chicken (I take it off a roasted chicken or store-bought rotisserie).
- Combine chicken, hot sauce, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Hand form chicken into circular patties and coat entirely in the flour.
- When the oil is hot place patties in the pan, flipping once when the bottom has formed a crust that is starting to brown.
- After both sides have formed a crust, add chicken cakes to a dish with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.