If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy chicken cooked with leeks and mushrooms in a crème fraîche and mustard sauce, all topped with parsley —Vicky | Things I Made Today
tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 - 3
pounds bone in, skin on chicken thighs
large (or 4 small) leeks, washed and trimmed, white and light green parts sliced thin
pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
cup crème fraîche
cup chicken broth
tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken thighs with ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, then place into oil, skin side down. Cook until skin is nicely browned, about 5-6 minutes, then flip and brown on other side for an additional 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add leeks to pot and let soften for about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their juices, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together crème fraîche, chicken broth, and mustard. Add mixture to vegetables and stir. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs back into vegetables, coating them with some of the sauce. Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Let cool slightly to allow sauce to thicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique