If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pizza is so exceptionally delicious and authentic, with the cauliflower crust resembling a 'normal' pizza base to perfection!
You'll never look back or try any other recipe to create a pizza base. The crust turns out light, crispy and fluffy and exactly how a pizza base should be. —Justina
- 1 medium-large cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond/coconut/tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful sliced salami/chorizo
- 100 grams buffalo mozzarella
- 100 grams tomato puree
- 1 pinch fresh herbs
- Cut up the cauliflower and blend (just the flowers, not the stems) until the cauliflower is a rice-like consistency.
- Remove the cauliflower from the blender and place in a cloth.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible until the cauliflower is a s dry as possible.
- Then, in a bowl, place the cauliflower, egg, flour, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and garlic powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Grease up some parchment paper and place on a tray.
- Place the cauliflower on the tray and use your hands to flatten into your desired shape, making the edges thicker to form the 'crust'.
- Place in the oven for approximately ten minutes or until browned and hardened like a pizza base.
- Remove from the oven and top with the puree, mozzarella, tomatoes, herbs and salami before placing back in the oven and baking for a further ten minutes or until the cheese has nicely melted.