jar of nopalitos
cups fresh cilantro
large or 8 medium tomatoes
medium sized jalapeno
- Drain the nopalitos and rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze limes and combine juice in salad bowl with a good dash of quality olive oil
- Halve jalapeno, remove seeds and ribs and chop finely. Wear rubber kitchen gloves or just use a plastic bag over your handling hand.
- Finely chop onion.
- Finely chop cilantro.
- Add jalapeno, onion and cilantro to the lime juice and olive oil and toss.
- Halve tomatoes. Then slice halves into two discs. Slice discs lengthways into 1/8" strips and the slice the other way to make 1/8" cubes.
- Chop drained and rinsed nopalitos to roughly same size as tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes and nopalitos to the bowl and toss and set aside for about half an hour.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, toss and let rest for another half hour before serving.
- Tastes great with corn chips or just on its own.