If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
jar of nopalitos
cups fresh cilantro
large or 8 medium tomatoes
medium sized jalapeno
- Drain the nopalitos and rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze limes and combine juice in salad bowl with a good dash of quality olive oil
- Halve jalapeno, remove seeds and ribs and chop finely. Wear rubber kitchen gloves or just use a plastic bag over your handling hand.
- Finely chop onion.
- Finely chop cilantro.
- Add jalapeno, onion and cilantro to the lime juice and olive oil and toss.
- Halve tomatoes. Then slice halves into two discs. Slice discs lengthways into 1/8" strips and the slice the other way to make 1/8" cubes.
- Chop drained and rinsed nopalitos to roughly same size as tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes and nopalitos to the bowl and toss and set aside for about half an hour.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, toss and let rest for another half hour before serving.
- Tastes great with corn chips or just on its own.