If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An unusual way to eat your peas, this deliciously messy finger licking method is like eating edamame in their shells, —nykavi
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Green Peas
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- A pinches Of Hing/Asefoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Pick through peas. Discard peas that are discolored or rotten. Wash peas.
- Heat oil in a wide saucepan. When it shimmers, add hing and mustard seeds. Let mustard splutter noisily.
- Add 1 cup of water to peas. Water shouldn't cover the peas. Check water level from time to time, adding more if necessary.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame till done. Test with knife tip. The tip should penetrate the pod easily. Take care not to overlook peas as they will fall apart
- Eat peapods as you would whole edamame, as part of an Indian meal or as a snack.