If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious and perfect purple bread is cooked in a dutch oven. The purple carrots give a lovely color but you can not taste it. So what you end up is actually a purple rye bread. Perfect! —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
grams rye flour
grams whole wheat flour
grams melted butter(room temp)
milliliters purple carrot juice
milliliters water (room temp)
- Heat oven to 220 C . Place your dutch oven with lid on.
- Melt yeast and sugar in milk. Sieve flour. In a stand mixer combine flour, salt, milk( with sugar and yeast added), water, carrot juice and mix with a hook at medium speed for 3 minutes add butter and mix for another 3 minutes. Turn another 2-3 minutes at high speed. When the dough starts to come from the sides stop.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on a working surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes. Dust a large bowl with flour, place the dough and cover with cling film.
- Rest for an hour for proofing. When the dough doubles in size knead for two minutes and place it on a baking sheet. Cover and let it proof for another 20 minutes.
- Take the dutch oven out. Carefully slide the dough in the pot. (or place it with the sheet) Dust with flour score the top. Close the lid. The dutch oven needs to be shallow, giving enough space for the dough to rise.
- Bake for 20 minutes with lid on. After 20 minutes take the lid off and bake another 20 minutes until the bread is golden brown.
- Rest on a cooling rack for at least 15-20 minutes before cutting and resist the temptation to see the color:)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique