Author Notes: A hybrid of a rice krispie treat and a chocolate bar, this dessert is buttery, just-barely sweet, and deliciously crunchy. I use bittersweet chocolate so the bars aren't too sweet, but feel free to use semisweet or milk if that's your style. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: one 9" x 13" pan
Prep time: 1 hrs
Cook time: 10 min
tablespoons coconut oil
ounces dark chocolate
tablespoons brown rice syrup (or honey, agave, or granulated sugar)
teaspoon coarse salt
cups crisp rice cereal
cup toasted sesame seeds
- Grease, or line with parchment paper, a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large heatproof bowl or saucepan, melt together the coconut oil and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Add the tahini, brown rice syrup (or other sweetener if you prefer), and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the cereal and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into your prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the top. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.