If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hybrid of a rice krispie treat and a chocolate bar, this dessert is buttery, just-barely sweet, and deliciously crunchy. I use bittersweet chocolate so the bars aren't too sweet, but feel free to use semisweet or milk if that's your style. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: one 9" x 13" pan
Prep time: 1 hrs
Cook time: 10 min
tablespoons coconut oil
ounces dark chocolate
tablespoons brown rice syrup (or honey, agave, or granulated sugar)
teaspoon coarse salt
cups crisp rice cereal
cup toasted sesame seeds
- Grease, or line with parchment paper, a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large heatproof bowl or saucepan, melt together the coconut oil and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Add the tahini, brown rice syrup (or other sweetener if you prefer), and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the cereal and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into your prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the top. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.