If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Need a quick grab-n-go snack or just a healthy pick-me-up in the late afternoon? These simple and easy to make granola bars are just what you're looking for. Stuffed full of healthy seeds, peanuts, and no refined sugar. Bonus points; they're vegan and gluten free too! —Tori Cooper
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 cup sugar in the raw (turbinado sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons each of: chia seeds, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped (Be sure it's vegan if needed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and grease a 13x9 inch pan with coconut oil. Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, and syrup in a small saucepan and place on the stovetop over medium high heat. Stir together until the coconut oil is completely melted and the mixture in warm. Add the almond milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well and remove from heat to cool.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients (seeds, nuts, and oats) in a large mixing bowl. Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl and stir with a large spoon or spatula. Mix until well coated then press the mixture into your prepared pan and use something flat to pack it down, such as the bottom of a cup.
- Bake the bars for 22 to 25 mintutes or until the edges are very golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled cut them into bars and melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat. Dip, brush, or drizzle the bars with chocolate as desired and allow the chocolate to set an harden.
- Now they're ready for munching! Store in an airtight container. (P.S. This recipe can also be crumbled into clusters and eaten on a bowl with milk or yogurt and fruit.)