Author Notes: Craving for some seriously yummy dessert, have a get together house party or need to gift a gorgeous gift to someone with a personal touch, the answer is all in this recipe – Dark Chocolate Truffle with Orange Liqueur. Truffles are indeed pure bliss – perfect for every occasion!
I always thought it’s difficult to make it until I tried my hands on it. They look beautiful, it sounds exotic, its delicious and yes, it’s really simple to make. The concoction of flavors is endless, so you can make what you like the best. They are complete show stopper with their decadent flavors and their wow visual appearance.
Some combinations are made in heaven and are classic, dark chocolate and orange is one of them. The richness as well as the bitterness from the dark chocolate keeps you wanting for more. The infusion of orange zest and liqueur makes you fall in love with it. So switch on your creativity button, infuse your favorite flavors and make these small one bite wonders because LIFE WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IS BORING! (Even my lil one wants to dive into it) —Ruchika
grams Dark chocolate ( I used 60% dark chocolate)
milliliters Fresh cream (I used Amul fresh cream)
teaspoon Orange Zest
tablespoon Orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier, you can use Cointreau)
Cocoa powder, for coating
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate and place it in a saucepan.
- Melt the chocolate using the method of double boiler. Make sure you stir the chocolate every now and then.
- Once the chocolate has melted by 90%, in a separate bowl heat the cream on medium heat for a minute.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours (or overnight). Make sure you cover the bowl with a lid when you place it in the refrigerator.
- Now make small balls and refrigerate for another 20 minutes or until firm.