If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy German Pan-Fried Potatoes and Eggs
APRIL 10, 2017
Ever wonder what Germans like to eat? In my six years living abroad, I learned one thing about Germans and their food – they love quick meals and lots of potato. Authentic German pan-fried potatoes and eggs is an easy and tasty dish, but even better when made healthy! —All that's Jas
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Wash and dry potatoes; do not peel. Wrap each potato in a paper towel and microwave until al dente, about 5 minutes (depending on potato size). Cool completely or until able to handle then slice.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add potato slices and fry until browned, turning once, about 4 -6 minutes per side. Do now crowd the potatoes or they will fall apart when turning. Brown them in batches if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a medium pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and fry to your liking. Serve the potatoes topped with eggs and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- ~ GET CREATIVE ~ This recipe is simplified, but you could kick it up a notch by using butter, spices like turmeric and cumin, or add bacon. Try the recipe with regular potatoes too! Have leftover boiled potatoes from a previous day? Use them up here.