Author Notes: This rich gratin holds its own when paired with hearty main dishes being served this time of year. Despite its simple assembly, it makes an elegant addition to a fall or winter dinner party menu. —Lizthechef
Serves 4, generously
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup Fontina, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup Roquefort, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and ground white pepper
- sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the three cheeses. Set aside.
- In a flat baking dish, arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the cauliflower.
- Pour the cream over the cauliflower-cheese mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
- Bake uncovered for thirty minutes, until cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe