If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chaas is a post-meal, savory, lightly spiced, cool drink that rounds up a spicy, hot Gujarati meal. Almost watery, chaas is particularly welcomed in the hot, tropical climate of western Indian state of Gujarat. —Annada Rathi
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Place yogurt in a bowl. Add water. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add salt, cumin, and cilantro. Whisk once again. Generally, the chaas found in Gujarat is almost watery, which bodes well for the climate. You can adjust the water content depending on your preference.
- Serve in a glass with an ice cube.