chicken leg fillets
about 4 pieces of each chicken giblets such as liver, heart and gizzard
cup white long grain rice
cup finely chopped dill, mint and parsley
cup olive oil
salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, over low-medium heat, place the giblets (except gizzards) with water and cook for 5’.
- Drain and set aside the giblets to cool.
- In a medium-big pot, over low-medium heat, place the leg fillets, gizzards and the quantity of water you think is enough for your soup (about 1lt at least).
- Cook for about 15’. During the cooking remove any foam you see on the top of the broth.
- Remove the fillets and gizzards and set aside to cool.
- Chop the fillets and giblets into small pieces and transfer them back to the saucepan with the broth.
- Add the spring onions and olive oil and cook for 5’.
- Add the rice, salt and pepper and cook for other 15’.
- Add chopped dill, mint and parsley and cook for 5’. Turn the heat off.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites until they thicken enough.
- Add the yolks and whisk very well.
- Add lemon juice and whisk.
- Using a ladle pour some soup into the eggs stirring continuously.
- Continue until you have about 2-3 cups liquid in your bowl with eggs.
- Then using the ladle transfer the mixture back to the saucepan stirring the soup.
More Great Recipes: