If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You’ve never had ice cream as delicious as this Mint Ice Cream with Bourbon Magic Shell. That’s right, bourbon magic shell. —Paige
Makes: 1 pint
For the Mint Ice Cream
cups 2% milk
cup fresh mint leaves
dash of salt
large egg yolks
teaspoon good vanilla extract
For the Bourbon Magic Shell
cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped (semi-sweet if you like it sweeter)
tablespoons coconut oil
- For the Mint Ice Cream Combine milk, half-and-half, and mint in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat to 180º or until tiny bubbles forms around the edge. Keep an eye on the mixture to ensure it doesn't boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for ten minutes to allow the mint to steep.
- Uncover it and pour the mixture through a colander into a medium bowl. Discard the leaves, and pour the liquid back into your pan.
- In a new bowl, combine sugar, salt, and egg yolks. Whisk until the mixture is pale.
- Gradually add half of the milk mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan with the rest of the milk.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place the bowl in the fridge until the mixture cools completely, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. I let mine go for about 25 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple of hours. In the meantime, make your magic shell.
- For the Bourbon Magic Shell
- Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl or container along with the coconut oil. Microwave, in 30-second intervals, until completely melted. Stir in the bourbon.
- Pour it over the mint ice cream and allow to harden 30 seconds before you try to crack it. It will turn from glossy to matte when it's ready. Devour with abandon.