If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggs scrambled with pieces of corn tortillas, peppers, onion, tomatoes and smoked cheddar cheese —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cilantro + more for serving
- diced avocado and hot sauce for serving
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and tomatoes to the skillet, along with the chile powder, paprika, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, and apple cider vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very soft and mixture is almost sauce-like, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the tortilla strips until just coated with the vegetable mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and add the beaten eggs and cilantro to the pan. Continue to cook, stirring frequently until the eggs are creamy but starting to set, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the cheese until it’s just melted, and serve immediately topped with more cilantro, diced avocado, and hot sauce.