If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't buy milk because I won't drink it, so when I need to make a sauce, filling, or custard, I substitute all kinds of things- pickle juice is my favorite.
Barbecue leftovers. A giant tray of pulled pork, sauce, and lots of rolls. Pickle juice is an ok substitute for milk, right?
cups cubed bread (3 leftover rolls)
cups pulled pork, chopped
cup cheese, shredded
cup pickle juice
tablespoon butter, melted
cup barbecue sauce
- Grease a medium baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the bread, arugula, mango, and pork and add to the pan.
- Separately combine the eggs, cheese, pickle juice, butter, and barbecue sauce. That is your custard; just go with it.
- Whisk the custard, season, and pour over the bread mix. Put it into the fridge for as long as you can stand it, but 6 hours is the best (mine was for 2.)
- When ready to bake, bring it back to room temperature and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until done and golden and delicious smelling..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique