If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy overnight oats make for a quick and easy breakfast. A mix of Steel Cut Oat and Quinoa gives you the fibre and protein to get your body going and start the day right! —Krista Ettles - Real Food, Real Simple
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats, rinsed in cold water
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, or to taste
- pinches Sea Salt
- Hemp Hearts (optional)
- Unsweetened Coconut, shredded (optional)
- Greek Yogurt (optional)
- 4 cups Rhubarb, sliced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 cups Unsweetened Cherries, canned or frozen
- For the Overnight Oats: Add oats and quinoa to a bowl. Add almond milk, yogurt, cinnamon and maple syrup. Mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight, at least 8 hours.
- For the Compote: Preheat oven to 350* Combine the rhubarb, vanilla and maple syrup. Mix until the rhubarb is evenly coated. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the rhubarb is softened. Remove from the oven and cool until room temperature. Mix in cherries and refrigerate. This can be served hot or cold.
- To serve, place oats in 4 bowls. Top with compote and optional hemp hearts, coconut and yogurt.