If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect fresh crispy nettle salad you might not have eaten before. Once you do, this will be your favorite. Here in Turkey we love our wild herbs, and as spring arrives farmers' markets are full of dozens of wild herbs. For the salad try to choose young and fresh stinging nettles.. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 2 bunches stinging nettle
- 3-4 pieces spring onions
- 1-2 red pepper
- 1-2 small cucumber
- 1-2 red peppers
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 5-6 Cornichons(gherkins)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- You need gloves to wash the nettles. Cut the stems and place the nettles in a large bowl with water. Add a couple of spoons of vinegar, leave them for 10 minutes.
- Lift the leaves and place them in a sieve, leaving any soil at the bottom of the bowl. Under running water gently rub the leaves together. This will get rid of the stinging hairs.
- Pinch off the leaves and strain them well. Either let them dry on a kitchen cloth or use a salad spinner to get rid of the excess water. They need to be dry.
- Thinly slice the greens and vegetables. Add the nettles in a large mixing bowl with the vegetables and greens. Prepare the vinaigrette, mixing lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt and pomegranate molasses. Pour the vinaigrette on top of the salad and mix well. Place in a serving dish add corn kernels on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique