If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Well, as you might have realised by now I love purpe and I think everything in purple tastes better. You and your guests will love this recipe as it is both delicious and the color purple is mesmerising. Purple carrots are sweet and when added to the humus you still can taste the actual humus unlike adding beetroot as they have a very distinctive aroma. Don't get me wrong I love beetroot and its lovely color Magenta.. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 300 grams cooked chickpeas
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Purple Carrots ( grated and cooked)
- 5-6 tablespoons Tahini
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted & grounded caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/4 bunch chopped parsley for garnish
- Put garlic and chickpeas in a food processor and begin to process; add the purple carrot with their liquid and allow the machine to produce a smooth puree. Add olive oil, lemon juice and tahini.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning . I often like to add more lemon juice or more tahini.
- Serve with drizzled olive oil, sprinkled grounded caraway seeds and some chopped parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique