If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s time for the Run for the Roses! Serve this Roasted Blackberry Mint Julep at your Derby party and it’ll be a hit for sure. —Paige
- nugget ice or crushed ice
- 1/4 cup blackberries, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1.5 ounces bourbon
- Preheat oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse blackberries and roast for 10-15 minutes until they start to break down and lose some of their juices. Remove and set aside.
- Fill a rocks glass halfway with Thorntons nugget ice or crushed ice. In a shaker, combine the roasted blackberries, mint leaves, sugar, bourbon and ⅓ cup of ice cubes and shake well. Strain the drink into the glass through a coarse sieve, pressing on the solids.
- Garnish with the blackberry and mint sprig.