If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wish you had In-N-Out Burgers at home? Try this In-N-Out Burger Recipe for a similar taste... Not much beats In-N-Out, but this is as close as you can get! —Kyle
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- yellow mustard
- 4 pieces american cheese
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 2 teaspoons sweet relish
- Make sauce by combining ketchup, mayo & relish. Set aside.
- Dice onion & slice tomato. Prep lettuce.
- Flatten meat into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns. Optionally flavor with salt & pepper.
- If you'd like grilled onions. Put in a pan over med-low heat with 1 tsp of oil. Stir often until browned. If oil dries out add 1 tbsp of water to prevent burning. Once done set aside.
- Optionally, toast the hamburger buns face down in the onion pan.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to cast-iron pan. Place on stove on med-high heat until hot (just beginning to smoke). You may want to turn on a vent fan. (You can grill these as well for a slightly different flavor)
- Add meat to pan & cook for about 1.5 min. Add mustard to the top of the burger and then flip.
- Place a piece of cheese on top of each patty & finish cooking for about 30 secs to 1 min for medium.
- Place sauce on bottom bun, then pickles, tomato & lettuce. Then add a burger, some onions, the second burger and some more onions.