If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The EASIEST crispy smashed potatoes with creamy chimichurri! —appetitesanonymous
crispy smashed potatoes
- 2 pounds baby yellow potatoes
- olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado, seeded and flesh scooped out
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley (save a few pieces for garnish)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled plus top and root cut off
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes + extra for garnish
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- healthy pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Add potatoes to a large pot. Fill the pot with water until the potatoes are just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-high heat to maintain a low boil. Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes (or until tender and easily pierceable with a butter knife).
- In the meantime, prepare the avocado chimichurri: Add all ingredients to a food processor (start with 4 tablespoons olive oil and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice) then pulse until a paste is formed. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more olive oil to thin the mixture, lemon juice for acidity, salt for flavor, or red pepper flakes for heat. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then arrange cooked potatoes on the baking sheet and smash down with the bottom of a cup or mason jar.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil then season with a healthy pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown and CRISPY.
- To serve, spoon the avocado chimichurri over the potatoes then garnish with a few sprinkles of minced parsley and red pepper flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique