If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rice is a staple in our house and we almost always have some excess that needs to be used up. Besides making fried rice, I love making this quick rice patties. It is easy to throw together with ingredients you have on hand and can be served with or without a chutney on the side. I drew inspiration from the rice cutlet recipe on veg recipes of India. —Dhivya Subramanian
Makes 6 -8 small patties
- 1 cup Packed cooked rice
- 1/2 cup Mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup Grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Nigella seeds
- 1 handful Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable or canola oil
- If you are rice is a bit dry sprinkle some water and microwave it on high for about 2 minutes. This should make it fluffy and soft.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked rice, mashed potatoes, cheese, smoked paprika, amchur, nigella seeds, salt and chopped coriander leaves.
- Using clean hands mix it till it comes together as a sticky dough.
- Divide it into 6 or 8 equal parts and shape them to form small patties.
- In a shallow pan heat oil and cook the patties for 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
- * to make half a cup of sweet potato, pierce and cook 1 small potato on high in the microwave. when cool enough to handle cut and scoop out the flesh.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique