If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is adapted from a recipe that I received from my daughter-in-law. She said it was a "family secret". I used the recipe for years and found it very tasty though rather watery. Lately I learned to make mayonnaise using the French method. By combining the two I now have a Caesar dressing that is rich, creamy and very tasty. —Preston
Makes 1 quart
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups olive oil
- Add egg yolks and whole egg to 1 quart canning jar.
- Add anchovy paste, mustard, garlic, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice.
- Pour the olive oil on top of all the other ingredients. Do not mix.
- Using an immersion blender, placed all the way to the bottom of the jar, begin blending the egg and the oil.
- Move blender from side to side to mix all of the oil while slowly raising it from the bottom of the jar.
- When the blender begins to pull away from the mixed dressing, make sure to move it around to mix all of the oil into the dressing.
- Remove blender. Place lid on dressing and keep refrigerated.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique