If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The farmers I work with makes jokes about me...I'm the most peapickinest pea picker they've ever had. In Wisconsin, they come early to mid June. When I get the all clear that the harvest is in, I go back into the fields and glean the rest. The "old peas", the ones that didn't quite make it, the ones half nibbled by a hungry fuzzy whatsis. I pick them all. Cleaned, shucked and frozen to wait for the day when the humidity breaks and people Want to eat soup again. —Christina Ward
Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Your favorite curry powder
- 4 cups Chicken stock (can use vegetable stock to make it vegetarian)
- 1 pound peas (fresh or frozen, but Not tinned)
- 4 ounces heavy cream (or milk to keep it lighter)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place butter in in large sauce pan. Add chopped onions and curry powder. Sweat out over medium heat.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add the peas.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until the peas are soft.
- Remove from heat. Whip out your handy dandy immersion blender and hop to it! Blend the soup mixture until smooth. Add cream and stir in with spoon.
- And that's it. Really. It's done. Toss a bit of green leafy something to garnish.