If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
I so want to credit where I got this. It may have been Cook's Illustrated or The New York Times. I've tweaked it a little, lessening the oil and upping the curry powder (I love curry). Anytime I've made this, even for the most stubborn eaters, it's gone before it has a chance to fully cool.
I so want to credit where I got this. It may have been Cook's Illustrated or The New York Times. I've tweaked it a little, lessening the oil and upping the curry powder (I love curry). Anytime I've made this, even for the most stubborn eaters, it's gone before it has a chance to fully cool.—Pamela Jane
Serves: 8 appetizers/4 main
medium cauliflower, 1/2 pounds, trimmed and finely chopped
tablespoons peanut, corn or grapeseed oil
cup whole wheat flour
cups light coconut milk
tablespoons curry powder, or to taste
salt and ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put cauliflower in a roasting pan, drizzle with a tablespoon of oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss. Spread into a single layer and roast until tender and nicely browned, tossing with a spatula halfway through, for a total of 15 to 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower roasts, put flour into a bowl. Add a scant teaspoon of salt and coconut milk, whisking to eliminate lumps. Batter should be about the consistency of pancake batter. Set aside.
- When cauliflower is finished roasting, sprinkle it with curry powder and toss; fold cauliflower into batter.
- Pour remaining oil into a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet and put in oven. Wait a couple of minutes for oil to get hot, then carefully remove pan, pour in batter, spread it into an even layer and return skillet to oven.
- Bake for about an hour, or until flatbread is well browned, firm and crisp around edges. Check after 50 minutes. (It will release easily from pan when it is done.) Let it rest for a couple of minutes before turning it out and cutting it into wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe