Makes: 4-6 servings
cups all purpose flour
tablespoons granulated sugar
cups whole milk
large egg yolk
tablespoons melted unsalted butter
In This Recipe
- Have ready several 6 inch squares of parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, and salt together to combine. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, egg yolk, and melted butter to combine.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk well to combine. Whisk until there’s no visible lumps.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour (and up to 8 hours).
- To cook the crepes, heat a 6 inch crepe pan or small, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Working in batches, ladle about 2/3 cup of batter into the hot pan and swirl it around to coat the pan evenly.
- Let the crepe cook for 1-2 minutes, then carefully flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer the finished crepe to a piece of parchment and top with another piece of parchment. Repeat with the remaining batter—you should have about 12 crepes.
- The crepes are ready to serve immediately, or they can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap (still separated by pieces of parchment) for up to 2 days.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!