If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Take a sophisticated, seasonal, and sweet spin on the childhood favorite peanut butter and jelly. —Miranda Hammer
- 5 pieces rhubarb, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 slices gluten-free rye bread
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place rhubarb into a small baking dish. Toss with honey, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean, orange zest and juice. Roast for 30 minutes or until very tender.
- While the rhubarb cooks make the hazelnut cacao butter. In a food processor, combine the toasted and skinned hazelnuts, cacao powder, ½ teaspoon vanilla bean, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Process until smooth, adding the ice cubes half way to cool the food processor down.
- To assemble, spread hazelnut cacao butter over toasted gluten-free rye bread, top with a tablespoon of rhubarb compote, and torn basil.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!